An imaginative and engaging trainer
As a highly experienced and creative trainer, I combine the best UK and international training practice with my own extensive leadership and management experience in public services in the UK.
I design and deliver customised programmes to achieve specific training objectives for my clients. My approach is very interactive, which ensures the training motivates participants and enables them to apply their learning to their own environments.
I work with senior managers in the UK and abroad, principally in the public sector, but also in the private sector. If required, I offer the facility for programme accreditation by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Whatever your training needs, I can devise appropriate and effective training solutions. I specialise in the following areas:
- Inspiring leadership
- Management development –being an effective director
- Transforming public services and improving efficiency
- Change management and team-building
- Culture change and communications
What people say about my training skills
“I have had the benefit of working with Dawn on team and leadership development. It was extremely successful in taking both the team and myself forward across a range of very challenging behavioural, personal and team characteristics.”
Nick Edwards – Wolverhampton City Council
“Dawn’s knowledge is extensive and she always brings innovative ideas to stimulate participants’ thinking. She facilitates learning and gets the best out of people, while being able to challenge effectively when the situation demands.”
Melanie Rowe – Nottinghamshire County Council
“Dawn’s facilitative approach to training means participants really get to grips with what they’ve learnt and explore how to implement it in practice.”
Sarah Dale – Creating Focus
Recent training projects include:
- A range of training programmes, including Effective Director, Public Services Modernisation, Partnerships, Implementing Governance and Change Management for Crown Agents, International Development Agency
- New Models of Service Delivery – a series of three half-day sessions designed to enable participants to assess new opportunities, consider appropriate vehicles and introduce change, for a Public Private and Third Sector Partnership Group
- Management Team Development – a series of half-day sessions over a period of 18 months to build teams, generate innovation in services and change culture for Wolverhampton City Council
- Inspiring Management Development – a bespoke five-day package accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management for Sandwell MBC
- Management team awayday for West Midlands local authorities
Creative team building workshop delivered in your organisation – click here to book a session
Inspired by my experience of writing a novel, I have developed two new One Hour innovative workshops.
Be the hero your organisation needs – leadership in challenging circumstances
When the dilemmas stack up, pressure mounts and the wrong choice could be fatal – what’s your story as a leader? And what makes a credible character, capable of changing the ending? This session will help your team:
- think about roles more creatively,
- build on your strengths in challenging situations
- develop new strategies for a more resilient team
- generate a commitment to leadership at all levels